Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas time is here...

Well, since Jaiden and I both have a cold today and are staying home from church, I decided to post some pictures of our Christmas festivities. Here is a picture of the Lyman Christmas tree. Unfortunately, I forgot to get a picture of the one at the Byrd household.

This is one of the many nativity scenes that is up around the house.
On Christmas eve day, all the girls made gingerbread houses with the kids.(The men were out playing golf.) It was really fun!! Everyone was getting pretty fancy with their houses.
This is the one that Jaiden and I decorated. It is very hard to do windows on a gingerbread house when Jaiden keeps trying to steal the candy off the other parts of the house.
For Christmas eve, all of the kids did the nativity scene while Justin's dad read it from the Bible. Justin was one of the shepards in the back. Anyone that didn't get to dress up for one of the characters was an animal and was supposed to make the animal noises when they were told to. I was a sheep. It was a really great way to spend our Christmas eve.
I just wanted to point out that we did have the appropriate gifts to give to the Baby Jesus but for some reason we ended up using bananas and a microphone. Don't ask me how that happened.

4 comments:

Amber Horspool said...

sorry you both had to stay home with the cold!
thanks for a fun weekend! i wish you guys lived closer so we could hang out more often!

Jeffry Byrd said...

ummm.... I'm not quite sure if this is appropriate blog etiquette, but; HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (a few days late). I was going to send you an e-card, but I'm at work and didn't have your email address. I hope it was a fun holiday/birthday season.

- jeff

lymanfam said...

Thanks Jeff!!! I had a fun day. Tell the rest of the family hi for me.

Jenny LaBo said...

Marie,
I tagged you. Check out my blog.
:)