Friday, September 7, 2007

Little Critters!

We have had a few uninvited guests grace our presence outside of our apartment this last week, well other than the usual (birds, bugs, bugs, and more bugs). We had a huge toad, and a tarantula. It is not uncommon to see toads, but this one was monstrous (I put a smaller toad next to it for comparison). From what I have heard tarantulas are pretty common this time of year, but this is the first one I have seen, well alive anyway.



Here is the tarantula:




Here is the toad:




I don't mind the toads, but the spiders creep me out, especially the big ones. Luckily these ones seem to be pretty slow, and don't really care if we are around. Sorry if this bored you, we get pretty bored here and get exited over little critters and such.
~Justin

4 comments:

Kara said...

That was not boring at all! I was very intrigued by the toads face to face. Was the small one scared of the big one, or were they friendly towards one another?

Kara said...

I am the LaBo's friend, by the way.

Amber Horspool said...

Eeeeeeewwwwwww! I would have freaked out if I saw a taranchula! (did I spell that right?)
We've been finding black widows outside in our backyard lately. So far the count is in the twenties! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
The toad was pretty awesome. My kids will love that picture. They really want to find big toads/frogs in our backyard.

lymanfam said...

The toads didn't seem to mind each other, the small one actually got closer to the big one when I put it next to it. By the way those little toads are everywhere, they come out after it rains to eat the bugs, I gathered like thirty of them once just for kicks, and we had toad races.