Sunday, September 9, 2007

Weekend Trip To Blanding

We were able to make a short trip to Blanding over the holiday weekend. It was a long trip(9 hrs), but well worth it. We stayed with Sara and Joe in their guest room, which was very nice. We tried to surprise Marie's parents, but they found out from someone at work that knew we were coming, which was my fault as I didn't tell anyone we were surprising them, oh well. I spent the day on Friday working on the computers at the office, as they were in dire need with me being gone for two months. It was nice to see everyone at the office though. Marie and Jaiden spent the day with grandma Byrd. We ate dinner at Marie's parents and played a quick game of boccie ball, from which Marie and I came out victorious. Saturday morning we went yard saleing with Marie's parents, which was a lot of fun, we found some good stuff too! We spent the rest of the afternoon at Marie's parents relaxing. Marie and I went for a ride on our scooter while Jaiden took a nap, which was fun, I miss riding my little scooter. We spent the rest of the day with Sara and Joe. Sara was anxious to play with Jaiden, and they had a lot of fun. Sara is probably Jaiden's favorite person, he probably wouldn't even care if we just left him with her and took off, but I'm sure Sara would, well eventually. On Sunday we went to church at our old ward, and then went over to my grandparents house for dinner and to visit with them and my uncle Charles. They all seemed to be doing really well. We spent Monday morning with Sara and Joe and then headed for home that afternoon after saying our goodbye's.

Here are some pictures form our trip



Grandpa Byrd learning to tie flys.




Here is our bird Buddy, Grandma and Grandpa Byrd are taking care of him while we are in Douglas, because we can't have any pets.


1 comment:

Amber Horspool said...

We are so jealous! We wish we could see you guys. I'm glad you were able to go home for a visit during your break!