Friday, November 16, 2007

Death to the Layers (The ongoing story of my hair)

Okay, so this may seem very vain of me but I'm going to talk about my hair for awhile so I can stop complaining to Justin about it. Ya, my hair was pretty long. It was probably down past my shoulders and it had a lot of layers in it that I was starting to get sick of. As I was looking at old pictures of myself I saw a picture that I really liked of myself in college.


I loved my hair back then. I loved how it looked without all of those layers and how thick it was. So I told Justin that picture was my goal for the future. I wanted my hair to look like that again. Well, one day last week I was looking in the mirror and just decided that the layers needed to go ASAP. Before I knew it was calling for a hair appointment for the next day. To make a long story short, I chopped off all of my hair just to get rid of those layers. I was pretty sad about it the next day. I wouldn't have been so sad but the lady that cut it only took 10 minutes to cut off six or so inches of hair. Doesn't that seem a bit quick for a hair cut? She also cut it crooked. Okay, so there's my complaints about it but after having this short hair for a week now I guess I am finally learning to like it. I just can't wait until it is past my shoulders again.

I hope all of the men out there that read this blog endured this post that was dedicated to my hair. :)

5 comments:

Jenny LaBo said...

Please, I could talk about hair all day! I think your hair looks great the way it is, I also love the long hair too. You just CAN'T look bad. I know it's a matter of how it makes you feel though. So hang in there it will be long in no time! :)

Kara said...

You could be bald and it just wouldn't matter. You are gorgeous.
Maybe Jenny could show you a few pics of me with long hair- and now look at me! I look better with it short, though.

Kara said...

Not in this profile pic, though, I was inbetween haircuts.

lymanfam said...

Thanks guys! I'm glad you don't think I look too bad with short hair. I was so worried when I cut it.

Amber Horspool said...

It looks so cute! You have the right face shape for any length, lucky!