Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Little Thought

What is success?
To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people
and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics
and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty;
To find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by
a healthy child, a garden patch
or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed
easier because you have lived;
This is to have succeeded.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've been switched over at church from being in the Young Women's Presidency to just teaching the class. This a big load off my shoulders and I really love teaching the girls every Sunday instead of just once a month but I do miss going to all of the fun activities. Anyway, I found this poem a week or two ago while I was getting a lesson ready and couldn't get it out of my head. I really loved it so I thought I would share it. It just reminds us that the little things in life can sometimes be the big things to others.

4 comments:

Jenny LaBo said...

I really like that quote. It says a lot!

Amber Horspool said...

Ok so I'm not in the presidency either, I teach the Mia Maids. I love it! But, I still have to go to weekly activities. Hmmm, I need to talk to these people!

Amber Horspool said...

I guess I made it sound like I don't like the weekly activities. I do, it's just a lot of time away from the family and another night to leave Mike home with the kids (3nights a week latelely has gotten to be too much.)

lymanfam said...

Well, actually she still wanted me to go to the activities but I have to help Justin study for all of his tests now so Justin said that he really needed me home on Wednesdays so I just told the president that I probably wouldn't be going to them anymore.