Saturday, March 1, 2008

A Sad Goodbye

Today we had to say goodbye to a long time friend, Mel the Koala Bear, Jaiden's trusty side kick. Jaiden and I went to Sierra Vista this morning to go to a Relief Society Conference and afterwards, we went and did a little shopping. (Which I shouldn't have tried in heels) Sometime during that shopping, Jaiden dropped his koala and I didn't even notice until we were driving back home. I feel so bad that I never even saw it drop. Poor Jaiden just had to watch it land on the floor and then be taken away...okay, maybe I'm being a little dramatic. Luckily, we already had a backup that we tried to get him to sleep with before. I guess that's one way to switch him over to it.

4 comments:

Jenny LaBo said...

R.I.P Mel where ever you are.

Josh said...

Just do me a personal favor and don't wait til Jaiden is 13 to tell him that his very first best friend was actually the second-string replacement for his real first best friend. I realize this probably sounds like the build-up to some sort of punchline, but it's not. I had something very similar happen to me when I was very, very young (except instead of one replacement, there were many), and it honest-to-goodness hurt me when my family finally got around to spilling the beans.

Kara said...

All my kids had/have a favorite little blankie with a little bear head on it... they would never go to sleep without it, so I REALLY know how horrible this can be!

Jeremy & Shelly said...

Ok so when i read this it totaly broke my heart! Poor baby!